Thursday, September 18, 2008

Its almost Friday!

How do you know when you need to get a new stylist? I have been going to a nice shop in Silver Spring for a year now. I do like the salon but I prefer a place with a more intimate feel. The last set of locs I had, I used to go to a guy that did hair out of his apartment. He would light some incense, talk about life and it was all good. I really felt like I could ask him questions and he had answers. Now I feel a little bit like I am going through an assembly line. Hmmmn I'll probably make that change soon.

I also want to lay off of the gels and tighten by latching. I watched some YouTube tutorials and after "seeing" the videos I understood the technique. My ends have not completely sealed and when I wash my hair some of the locs feel "rubbery"--if that makes sense. I have used lemon juice and vinegar (only 1x) to no avail. I am also taking GNC's Skin, Hair & Nails vitamins and using Doo Grow on my scalp. My hair is actually growing!.

2 comments:

Expanding Beauty said...

be patient, I just switched to latching (nappyloc tool) and I prefer it because of the use of less product which will mean less chance of buildup.

Lock University said...

We found you! We just added you as an ALUMNI at www.LockUniversity.com! You are now part of a learning network of blogs. Each time you blog you move to the head of the class so keep blogging.